Once you try this tofu scramble, you may never go back to regular (high-cholesterol, high-fat) scrambled eggs again. Tofu is so versatile; it takes on the flavor of whatever you cook with it. If you aren’t comfortable cooking with spices, do yourself a favor and invest in a few staples: Turmeric, Cayenne Pepper, Garlic Powder, Ground Mustard Seed, Paprika, Lemon Pepper, Black Pepper, Cinnamon, and Nutritional Yeast. These spices give incredible flavor and have many health benefits as well.
This recipe is high in protein, healthy fat, and fiber, all key factors for a satiating meal. Paired with the tofu scramble is purple mixed fingerling potatoes and Ezeikl avocado toast with red pepper flakes. I love sprouted ezeikl bread because it is made with whole, sprouted grains and no added sugar. The combination of sprouted grains in this bread provides all 9 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein source.
Cook time: 30 minutes | Yield: 2 servings
- 7 oz organic, firm tofu
- 1 grapevine tomato, chopped
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 roasted red pepper
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup roasted butternut squash (optional)
- 6 medium purple fingerling potatoes
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 slice ezeikl bread
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Dash red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Chop all ingredients. In one skillet, add 1 tbsp avocado oil and chopped potatoes over medium heat. Add garlic powder and a pinch of sea salt. Cover and stir occasionally for ~15 minutes.
- In a separate skillet, add 1 tbsp avocado oil and chopped onion. Once carmelized, add 7oz pressed tofu and scramble in with the onions. Then add in the tomato, roasted red pepper, butternut squash, minced garlic, turmeric, pepper, cayenne pepper, and nutritional yeast and stir. Add in spinach last and reduce to low heat until potatoes are done.
- Toast the ezeikl bread and mash 1/2 an avocado on top. Sprinkle red pepper flakes if you like a little heat!
Hi, I’m Dana! Creating delicious plant-based meals and nutrition is my passion! Thanks for visiting!
2 thoughts on “The Perfect Tofu Scramble”
All your recipes look way too good!! I have like 5 picked out to try this week!
Aw thank you Candice! Let me know how you like them!!