Merry Christmas!!! I hope you all are having a wonderful holiday with family and friends. I spent this morning with my family, my grandma, and my Aunt. We toasted to another wonderful year full of blessings with berry mimosas and this vegan French toast! This recipe is SO GOOD! No need for eggs!!
I definitely enjoyed myself this Christmas, and did not hold back on the serving sizes or sweets! Often times we feel guilt for overeating, or not choosing healthy food choices during the holidays. But why? It is one (or two) days out of the year, and that is not going to affect your fitness or health goals. Instead of binging and then feeling guilty, go in with a positive mindset about the wonderful food, enjoy it, let it go and get back on track next week! Focus on the people around you rather than the amount of calories you’re eating.
Cook Time: 25 minutes | Yield: 12 slices
- 3 tsps ground flaxseed meal
- 4 tbsp whole wheat flour (any flour will work)
- 2 cups non-dairy vanilla milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 loaf day-old sourdough bread, or French bread
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Avocado oil (or olive oil) for cooking
- In a shallow dish, mix together ground flaxseed meal and whole wheat flour. Slowly whisk in the non-dairy milk so it doesn’t get lumpy. Now let it sit for 15-20 minutes. While the batter is sitting, slice the day old bread into 1-inch-thick slices.
- Whisk the batter after it’s been sitting. Add in the nutritional yeast and vanilla extract and stir. Heat a griddle over medium heat and drizzle cooking oil. Soak the bread slices in the batter on each side and then cook on griddle until golden brown (1-2 minutes each side).
- 1 lb frozen mixed berries
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cranberry juice
- 1 tbsp water
- Mix frozen berries, sugar, juice and water in a medium skillet. Heat on medium-high heat until it begins to simmer, then lower heat and let simmer until the berries break down. Stir occasionally.
- Drizzle the deliciousness on top of French toast, waffles, pancakes, or anything else you can think of!
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!
*This recipe is modified from Thug Kitchen
Hi, I’m Dana! Creating delicious plant-based meals and nutrition is my passion! Thanks for visiting!